ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <>
Subject Re: VOTE: add an antlib (and optional task) loader to ant 1.7
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 01:29:01 GMT
On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 20:25 +0100, Steve Loughran wrote:
> Peter Reilly wrote:
> > Sorry for asking for another vote on the Classloader for ant issue,

No problem.

> I think right now I'm going to in the no category, though +0 rather than
> -1.  This is not because I dont think its a good idea -I think it is
> wonderful- but I think the complications of adding it will add lots of
> surprises. Most importantly, it becomes really hard to uninvent once it
> has shipped.

I agree with Steve here.  1.7.0 has been 'just around the corner', for a
while now, I'd rather not have any new additions that may require a
quick 1.7.1 release (not that I think your idea + code is bad).

I'm eager to try and get a cleaner integration of scripting into Ant and
a new classloader-style mechanism seems a good way to approach that (I
like the syntax in the example you posted), but right now I think it's
more important to ship what we have.

> What we could do is take this as the opportunity to make a working 1.8
> branch and put in in there, and post 1.7.0 think about adding it to the
> 1.7.x branch.

+1 new branch for 1.8 and include code for experimental classloaders etc

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message