ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@dpml.net>
Subject RE: Resource.getURL()
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:15:19 GMT

Just for reference I have quite a bit of experience working with custom
protocol handlers.  In the context of Ant this subject will inevitably link
back to the subject of system classloader mutation.  Enabling the
declaration of custom protocol handlers as a part of system classloader
expansion would significantly simply things for applications such as Depot
(which makes extensive use of custom handlers).  In fact the combination of
system classloader mutation plus support for custom URL handlers would
contribute to a significant potential simplification of Depot's extensions
to the Ant project model and task some task implementations.

Cheers, Steve.