ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classloader for 1.7
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:45:07 GMT
Yes, classloader issues do give me headaches.

I see a number of use cases for the classloader task;

1) stop the need to do add third-party jars to ~/.ant/lib for
    the ant optional tasks.
    This could be avoided if all the optional task are converted a la junit,
    but that would be a big job.

2) allow build files to specify the lib directories to seach for
classes/tasks
    placing this on the command line is very offputting.

The antlibs solution would be ok, but it does not solve ant optional tasks
or
issues like the script task needing language specific jar files. Each of
these may be solved independently, but this means that each type of
classloader problem would be solved differently - hard to understand and
remember.

Peter