ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <echo> no conditional attribute
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:45:27 GMT
I think that we should go for 2) adding if/unless to all tasks.
It should have the same support as the if/unless in targets.
I do not see the need for more complicated condition support
(at least at the moment).

There would be some snags (what about tasks that do
not derive from Task, what about tasks that already provide
if and unless attributes), however I feel that the benefits far
outweigh the drawbacks.

Not that the problem with condition support for datatypes is
a far harder problem to solve as the tasks themselves do
the processing of the datatypes.

Peter