ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dev-list - Calling Ant within a servlet/webapp
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:31:50 GMT

On 16 Aug 2006, at 19:26, Marc Farrow wrote:

> I have some servlet and I am trying to call an Ant script within
> the class
> to compile a "project".  All of the references in the build script
> are not
> relative, therefore some of the classpath references are not
> correct.  I
> know I can change the properties, etc to fix this.  However, due to
> the
> nature of our environment we do not want to do this.  With all that
> being
> said, I do know that all the classpath entries that I need to
> compile the

Is there a reason why you don't want to use the Ant API by itself?
Why do you need to load the build.xml file?  It seems that the real
problem you have is that programmatically Ant doesn't have the same
relative references as Ant running a build file, so my advice is to
remove the problem (build file) and simply use the Ant jar as an API
and have your rules specified in Java instead of XML.

Kev

--
"That government is best which governs not at all" - Henry Thoreau