ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <>
Subject [Vote promote ant-vss antlib to antlibs proper] result/summary
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:01:08 GMT

It's been more than a week since I proposed that the ant-vss sandbox
antlib be promoted to the antlibs project as a full-time member.

Currently, we have two people who have expressed interest as
committers, myself and Stefan, the antlibs project requires at least
3 committers

The results of the vote to promote to antlibs proper:
1 +0
1 -0 (on the basis that Microsoft have a new product)
5 +1s - but with different views on the action to be taken with the
current optional task

 From this result, I cannot say that the antlib should be promoted at
this time, unless someone else steps up as a committer (as much as
everyone hates VSS, is there anyone else who has it installed?).
There are also conflicting views as to what to do with the current
optional tasks.  Dominique and Antoine favour completely dropping the
optional task and requiring vss users to use the antlib (should it
make it to the proper antlibs project), Stefan favours retaining the
optional task with a deprecated warning for this upcoming release.

Any guidance on what to do next would be appreciated.

With the 1.7.0 beta scheduled for the next few days, I'd like to
resolve some of the peripheral issues, and if the consensus is to
drop the optional vss task from the 1.7.0 release, I for one won't
shed any tears at it's passing.

"I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a poison-
drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called - life" -
Friedrich Nietzsche

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message