ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default excludes and Subversion on Windows
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 05:53:00 GMT

On 15 Aug 2006, at 11:53, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> According to
> http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.3_releasenotes.html
>
> "The "_svn" hack is now officially supported: since some versions of
> ASP.NET don't allow directories beginning with dot ..."
>
> So I think we should add it to the default set in 1.7
>
> Conor

The problem with this is that I know that I name some project
directories _<project>, so that they are always listed first in
Windows Explorer.  So for example if I was working on the svn source
code, I might well have a directory called _svn - I know at least one
other person who does this so that it's easier to find the current
working project.  Since I don't work on svn, I won't have this
problem, but someone else may and may call a directory _svn.  Having
said all that - the people who work on svn have blessed the _svn
hack, so presumambly this is now standard </end rambling nonsense>

+0 for a change to defaultexcludes, I can see a potential problem,
but it seems that the svn guys want to use this hack, so I'm
ambivalent towards adding it.

Kev

--
"That government is best which governs not at all" - Henry Thoreau