ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default excludes and Subversion on Windows
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:49:25 GMT

On 19 Aug 2006, at 02:06, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Jan Materne <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
>
>> If we reject automatically handling _svn directories (as a "hack" as
>> said by svn-people), we should document it in the manual of
>> <defaultexcludes> and svn-antlib with a reference (and a quotation)
>> of the svn statement.
>
> I was under the impression that consensus was forming around adding
> _svn/ to the default excludes unconditionally, not rejecting the idea.

I think we should add it and document it in big bold letters!  If it
truly is the only way that asp.net projects can use svn effectively,
then I suppose we need to support it, but we should warn that if you
have a 'normal' directory that happens to be called _svn you could
experience strange behaviour

Regardless of what we do, we need to decide so that it can go into
the release, therefore:

Default excludes to include the ASP.Net hack _svn directory for the
release of Ant 1.7.0 + svn antlib, and documentation to be updated to
reflect this change

yes [ X] (my +1)
no  [ ]

Kev
--
"All governments are in equal measure good and evil.  The best ideal
is anarchy." - Leo Tolstoy