ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: What should an Antlib distribution look like?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 06:41:24 GMT
bin-distro [1]
* It would be nice to have a readable version of the contributors.xml. Can be generated with
  an xsl like [2].
* Good to have the JAR on top directory - easier to load.
* Empty etc/ directory?
* I would prefer a manual with an Ant-style: with a navigation on the left.
  And for screenreader maybe with div-containers, not frames.
* The manual has a mixture of two styles (compare csc and msbuild)
* no doap-file

src-distro [3]
* no build.xml in root directory?
* POM: no dependency on JUnit + AntUnit for testing
* no doap-file

What is with "infrastructure" of Ant core like
- check.xml
- fetch.xml
- patch.xml
- WHATSNEW (ok, atm only "all is new" ;-)

Jan

[1] http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/dotnet-rc/binaries/apache-ant-dotnet-0.1-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=115149172231928&w=2
[3] http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/dotnet-rc/source/apache-ant-dotnet-0.1-SNAPSHOT-src.zip