ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <echo> no conditional attribute
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 04:02:51 GMT
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know that this has come up before but I've just finally seen why
>> it's so damn useful - <echo message="blah" level="verbose" unless=$
>> {property.set}/>
>
> Well, I've been a proponent of this for a long time,

For a long time I've taken the more extreme "all tasks or no task"
position on this 8-)

Why would we want to add conditional attributes to echo (or
sequential) and not to copy?

This leads to "wouldn't a nested condition be more expressive than
if/unless attributes" which then makes me think that adding an if task
would be cleaner.  Once I arrive there I start to feel uncomfortable.

Stefan