ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project bootstrap-ant (in module ant) failed
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 03:49:43 GMT
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
> Kev Jackson wrote:
>
>> Does this mean that Gump is on 1.5 now?
>
> Been on 1.5 since junit started compiling again; a few months back.

Yes.

> It cannot be the direct reason that the bootstrap suddenly started
> failing

It isn't.

Ant's symlink test didn't clean up after itself, leaving a symbolic
link inside of src/main pointing back at the sources.  I think vmgump
rebooted at the worst possible time.

The Python sync code we use to clean up the working copy doesn't deal
with symbolic links properly and so we end up with the symlink hanging
around until somebody removes it manually - which I just did.

The next run should work.

Stefan