ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r437589 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition/AntVersion.java
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:02:42 GMT

On 28 Aug 2006, at 19:09, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not very fond of this versionString.indexOf("Ant version")
> +17); either.
> A regular expression looking for a string of digits and dots would
> be what we are looking for ?

Unfortunately regexps aren't available in Java 1.2[1], do you have
another suggestion for avoiding the brittle indexOf method?

I'm happy to work on this to fix it, or if you are still unhappy,
pull it from the release - your call.

Thanks
Kev

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=114861730527898&w=2
--
"Government is begotten of aggression, by aggression" - Herbert Spencer