ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Text scripts
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:31:15 GMT

On 11 Aug 2006, at 17:10, Mike Stewart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some text files that I have to parse and modify, can anyone
> advise the best way to do this - ANT commands, ANT Tasks, call to PERL
> or some other scripting language? The scripts will be fairly complex
> including pattern searching, text replacement, text sorting etc.

I'd have to say that using PERL or some other dynamic language with
good text parsing support would be better than Ant.  If you want to
do this parsing within an ant target, perhaps consider JRuby or
Groovy or BeanShell and the scripting support in Ant.

Kev

--
"Government is begotten of aggression, by aggression" - Herbert Spencer