ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ben <ajoo.em...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem in extending org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java class
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 04:04:02 GMT
Suppose I have a directory tree
/lib
    /framework1
        a-1.0.jar
        x.jar
        y.jar
    /framework2
       z.jar
       a-2.0.jar

a-1.0.jar and a-2.0.jar are different versions of the same library.

A tree class loader will make sure that x.jar and y.jar use version
1.0, while z.jar use version 2.0.

So, when I create a ClassLoader by saying:
ClassLoader treeClassLoader = TreeClassLoaders.makeClassLoader(new File("lib"));

The class loader will honor the tree structure and enforce precedence.

I feel this way I can manage dependencies naturally in directories
without explicitly specifying versions as in maven.

Ben.