ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Ant 1.7.0Beta1 Released
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 04:01:25 GMT
Hi,

I have the pleasure to announce the release of Ant 1.7.0Beta1

Ant 1.7 introduces a resource framework. Some of the core ant tasks such
as <copy/> are now able to process not only file system resources but
also zip entries, tar entries, paths, ... Resource collections group
resources, and can be further combined with operators such as union and
intersection. This can be extended by custom resources and custom tasks
using resources.

Ant 1.7 starts outsourcing of optional tasks to Antlibs. The .NET antlib
in preparation will replace the .NET optional tasks which ship in Ant.
Support for the version control system Subversion will be only provided
as an antlib to be released shortly.

Ant 1.7 fixes also a large number of bugs.

Ant 1.7 has no support for Java6 features, but first tests on Java6 did
not fail.

Please refer to our web site to find the download location.

Happy testing,

Regards,

Antoine