ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof>
Subject Re: <echo> no conditional attribute
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:16:12 GMT
Conor MacNeill schreef:

>1. Just adding all the logic tasks everyone uses anyway :-)
>2. Adding if/unless processing to Task
>3. Implementing aspect style interface(s) and providing an if/unless aspect.
Treating the options in inverse order.
I think that option 3 is most versatile and seems scalable to other
aspects, for instance the logging level.
I think that option 2 will bite us, as it introduces the logic in the
task, and does not seem scalable when other logic is desired. (This does
not mean I am in favour of adding if/unless to specific tasks!)
Option 1 seems workable and is scalable as well, and seems simpler than
option 3.

I think I'd prefer option 3 over option 1, and do not like option 2 as much.

Option 1 is covered by ant-contrib, so the added value of doing it as
well is limited.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message