ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote promote ant-vss antlib to antlibs proper] result/summary
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:42:15 GMT

On 23 Aug 2006, at 10:57, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Kev Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With the 1.7.0 beta scheduled for the next few days, I'd like to
>> resolve some of the peripheral issues, and if the consensus is to
>> drop the optional vss task from the 1.7.0 release, I for one won't
>> shed any tears at it's passing.
>
> We can't drop them from this release as long as the VSS Antlib is in
> the sandbox.  Users wouldn't have an alternative since the Antlib
> wouldn't see a release anytime soon.

I agree, that's why I'd like to promote the antlib from the sandbox and
drop the optional task at the same time.  The thing holding the antlib
in the sandbox is simple the lack of committers (AFAIK).

kev

--
"All governments are in equal measure good and evil.  The best ideal
is anarchy." - Leo Tolstoy