ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: copying references
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:11:02 GMT
On 8/31/06, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> DD, what was that task you had for doing something
> with references at a different time than Ant normally
> would?  Seems like it is attached to a BZ issue
> someplace...  Do you know what I'm talking about?

Yes, it's called <reference>, and is indeed attached somewhere in BZ.
It postpones adding the reference to runtime instead of parse time.
Additionally, the reference ID is not a string litteral, but a
property-expanded string.

> All: shouldn't Ant have an e.g. <refcopy> task?

I'm not following at all this discussion of <refcopy> ;-)
Would you have a more concrete use case? --DD