ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: <echo> no conditional attribute
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:08:08 GMT
> I know that this has come up before but I've just finally seen why
> it's so damn useful - <echo message="blah" level="verbose" unless=$
> {property.set}/>

Well, I've been a proponent of this for a long time, and I coded up my
own <bm:echo> with conditions a long time ago, which also displayed
nicely formatted paths and propertysets. I was using it to display
diagnostics info specific to our builds, without having to resort to
-verbose, which spews out too much unrelated material. One had to do
-Dverbose=true, and my conditions were ifTrue="${verbose}".

All that to say that I'm +1. I don't recall who was against ;-) --DD

PS: I also had a <bm:sequential> with the same conditions, as well as
several other custom tasks with these conditions
(if/unless/ifTrue/unlessTrue/os/osFamily/bshIf). I'm still wondering
about adding arbitrary "aspect" attributes to tasks, as Mutant had.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message