ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: VOTE ant-vss antlib promote to antlib proper
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:04:57 GMT
> > I am +1 for moving VSS support into its own antlib. The only
> > problem is that adding the antlib to ANT_HOME/lib will not ensure
> > that existing build files will work, because to get the stuff
> > autoloaded, they need to declare it in a new namespace. Unless,
> > that is, the main file still declares the
> > existing task in its (new) location...
> >
> Good point, so if the vote passes, we should make sure that we
> implement the changes in a BWC way.

+1 on making VSS an antlib.

However, I'm not sure at all we should bind ourselves to moving things
to antlibs in a BC manner necessarily. One of the benefits to going
more towards releasing Ant as a smaller core and a set of antlibs is
to avoid trying to load a bunch of tasks (Jars) all the time, when a
fraction only is actually used. I personally don't think it's
unreasonnable to force <vss> users to explicitly load the antlib in
their build file, using XML NS or an explicit <antlib>.

So, +1 on simply removing the vss entries to, and
provide the antlib. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message