ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject classloader and delegating classloader problem
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:58:34 GMT
Hello Peter and other,

does this <classloader/> task address the delegating class loader issue ?

I am really not knowledgeable about classloaders myself, but remember that I was not able
to make a custom task based on JNDI APIs work if the concrete JNDI driver to use (in this
case it was a JNDI driver for MQ Series) was not put on the classpath before starting ant.
I guess that the explanation in this case is that my custom task invokes the standard JNDI
APIs (Context class) which is implemented in the Java runtime, and that this one cannot find
the classloader which loaded my task anymore, so does not know about the JNDI driver.

Would be cool if <classloader/> solves the problem.

Regards,

Antoine