ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <>
Subject Re: AW: Building Ant 1.7beta
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:00:00 GMT

> Especially: you know only the Ant src-version present (the current
> version).
> You dont know which binary-version of Ant is installed (Ant 1.6.5, 1.5,
> 14?)
> That means your buildfile must be "very" bwc ...

Basically we improve Ant and add new features so that we can refactor
the ant build.xml file so that it's easier to build's also a
good way of testing the new features ;)

Making the buildfile bwc would prevent us from doing this and mean that
we couldn't use all the cool new stuff that we spend our time developing

OT slightly, does ant build maven in gump?  I was asked at ApacheCon and
didn't know for sure (but said 'probably' anyway).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message