ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE ant-vss antlib promote to antlib proper
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 05:18:06 GMT

On 1 Aug 2006, at 11:47, Alexey Solofnenko wrote:

> -0 Microsoft itself does not use it. Are we going to support already
> obsolete technology?
Really?  What is the new MS scm system or recommended scm system?  I
though VSS was basically the MS standard.

As for support, we already do support vss through an optional task,
my proposal is to remove this from the core of ant and have an antlib
instead - that way the core will not carry around vss related code -
I think this is better but if you have a better idea (perhaps simply
rip out the optional task altogether).

Thanks,
Kev
--
"That government is best which governs not at all" - Henry Thoreau