ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject VOTE ant-vss antlib promote to antlib proper
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 03:57:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm in the middle of a rewrite of an article for ONJava and I re-read
the charter for antlibs as I was digging around the site looking for
the antunit page.  In the charter it mentions that all antlibs in
sandbox must have a vote to get promoted within 6 months - I think
it's time we had this vote or we kill the vss antlib.

so from the charter itself

(4.1) Each library has its own status file, release schedule, version
       number, QA tests, documentation, bug category, and individual
       JAR.

Ok, we have docs, tests, and a jar file.  I can add a STATUS file and
version number easily enough.  For release schedule, I'd like alpha/
rc1 at or around Ant 1.7 release.

(4.2) Each library must clearly specify any external dependencies,
       including any other libraries, and the earliest JDK version
       required.

Erm JDK 1.2 should do it - no other dependencies except Ant 1.6.5/Ant
1.7.0, and of course VSS command line client

(4.3) Each library must maintain a list of its active committers in
       its status file.

Need more committers here

(4.4) The libraries should use a standard scheme for versioning, QA
       tests, and directory layouts, and a common format for
       documentation and Ant build files.

done

(4.4) Each library will be hosted on its own page on the subproject
       Web site, and will also be indexed in a master directory.

needs to be done before release

(4.5) Volunteers become committers to this subproject in the same way
       they are entered to any Apache subproject.

(4.7) As stated in the Ant guidelines, an action requiring majority
       approval must receive at least 3 binding +1 votes and more +1
       votes than -1 votes.

(4.8) Each Ant library needs at least three committers, at least one
       of them has to be an Ant PMC member.

I'll volunteer as a committer here, anyone else?

And finally my +1 for alpha/rc1 at same time as Ant 1.7.0

Thanks,
Kev

--
"That government is best which governs not at all" - Henry Thoreau