ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: svn commit: r419538 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant: taskdefs/optional/jdepend/JDependTest.java types/selectors/ModifiedSelectorTest.java
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 07:11:01 GMT
>But the (no more present) method was empty, which is also not right.
>We could
>1.  make oata.BuildFileTest.tearDown() public
>2.  write the ModifiedSelectorTest.BFT.tearDown() with super-call.
>
>I would prefer the first one, but are there any reasons for
>that method being protected?

Just did a test with 1. - there are some other child classes infected:
   "... cannot override tearDown() in
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest;
   attempting to assign weaker access privileges; was public"

- src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\ExtendedTaskdefTest.java:47
        super.tearDown();
        executeTarget("teardown");
  --> super.tearDown() executes a "teardown" target, if present
  --> should be deleted?

- src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\StyleTest.java:48
        executeTarget("teardown");
  --> should be deleted?

-
src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\optional\junit\JUnitReportTe
st.java:42
        executeTarget("clean");
  --> a) make the method public
      b) rename the "clean" target to "teardown" (which is possible, no
"teardown" present ATM)

-
src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\optional\sos\SOSTest.java:73
    private static final String LOCAL_PATH = "testdir";
    protected void tearDown()
        throws Exception {
        File file = new File(project.getBaseDir(), LOCAL_PATH);
        if (file.exists()) {
            file.delete();
        }
    }
    --> make the method public and do a super.tearDown()

-
src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\optional\vss\MSVSSTest.java:
81
    private static final String LOCAL_PATH = "testdir";
    protected void tearDown()
        throws Exception {
        File file = new File(project.getBaseDir(), LOCAL_PATH);
        if (file.exists()) {
            file.delete();
        }
    }
    --> make the method public and do a super.tearDown()

- src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\types\AssertionsTest.java:34
    protected void tearDown() throws Exception {
        executeTarget("teardown");
    }
  --> should be deleted?

-
src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\types\resources\TarResourceTest.java:
34
    protected void tearDown() throws Exception {
        executeTarget("tearDown");
    }
  --> should be deleted?

Jan