ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: svn commit: r419538 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant: taskdefs/optional/jdepend/JDependTest.java types/selectors/ModifiedSelectorTest.java
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 06:32:54 GMT
>Modified:
>ant/core/trunk/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/types/selectors/Modif
iedSelectorTest.java

>-        public void tearDown() { }
>-

Mmh - doesnt compile any more ...

compile-tests:
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to
C:\ant\svn-repository\ant\core\build\testcases
    [javac]
...\src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\types\selectors\ModifiedSelectorT
est.java:218:
            tearDown() has protected access in
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest
    [javac]             bft.tearDown();
    [javac]                ^
    [javac]
...\src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\types\selectors\ModifiedSelectorT
est.java:872:
            tearDown() has protected access in
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest
    [javac]             bft.tearDown();
    [javac]                ^
    [javac] 2 errors

But the (no more present) method was empty, which is also not right. We
could
1.  make oata.BuildFileTest.tearDown() public
2.  write the ModifiedSelectorTest.BFT.tearDown() with super-call.

I would prefer the first one, but are there any reasons for that method
being protected?

Jan