ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Ant 1.7.0 beta1
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 06:36:40 GMT
After some off-list negotiations, Antoine and myself are agreeing to
be co-release managers of Ant 1.7.

I will personally build 1.7.0beta1 or pre-release and post the
distribution on people.apache.org/~kevj for testing/evaluation by
Friday next week (29th July).

This pre-release/beta will be based on svn trunk as it stands next
week -

Antoine commits himself to building/releasing the next beta, and we
will make a rota afterwards (maybe not systematically alternating),
but we'll work something out.

The following issues need to be resolved until then :

    - ManifestTest (I noticed that recent changes caused this to
fail, but I haven't had time recently to look into it or report it -
sorry my bad)
    - svn antlib gump breaks (not sure if this is config issue as it
used to work fine)
    - Stuff still on the wiki [1]

Do you agree with this plan

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

Parallel to this, we should discuss other issues :

Whether or not we want to create an Ant 1.7 branch in SVN and when -
Antoine has mentioned that although this is stated in the release
instructions document, that some people were unhappy with branching
immediately - so this needs to be figured out.

We also need to discuss which (if any) of the antlibs will be
released at the same time as Ant 1.7.  I think that we should at
least release the svn antlib (if we can get a clean gump build!) as
it's one of the most requested features.

Also I notice that the WHATSNEW is apparently incorrect, there is
mention of a <libraries> task in it, but Steve suggested we point
people to ivy and/or maven2, so this confusion over the libraries
task (in or out) needs to be cleaned up/removed from the WHATSNEW
document.

Thanks
(I'm quaking in my boots with responsibility now that I've committed
to do this :) )

Kev

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Ant17/Planning

--
"Man is truly free only among equally free men" - Michael Bakunin