ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: ApacheCon Asia slides preview
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:23:07 GMT

> * slide "Extending Ant - Custom Tasks" has too many <li>s (9) for
> that size

> * slide "Extending Ant - Antlibs" - "automatically loaded by Ant at
> startup"
>   When did we introduced that feature? The jar will be on the
> classpath, but AFAIK
>   you have to declare it in your buildfile (xmlns, taskdef...)

Ok, good point, that's what I meant, but expressed very badly - have
to update the slide

> * slide "Antlibs - Making a tla" (graphic)
>   HTML error: <td> from the graphic not closed (missing right bracket)

Ta - will fix

> * slide "Antlibs - Making a tla" (code)
>   second code line is too long (on my machine ;-) - "nu" instead of
> "null);"

Yay widescreen laptops ;)  - I'll be presenting from my machine, so
as long as the projector is in 14:9 format I should be fine - but
with most of the code examples it's tough to get everything to fit
just right

> * slide "Antlibs - Making a tla" (buildfile)
>   - highlight the xmlns:tla declaration
>   - highlight the use of that namespace <tla:get>
> <tla:registerarchive>
>   - the <project> line is too long (just cuts the last quotation
> mark on my machine)
>   - indents not right (TAB-problems?)

hope not!

>     -- target-get end marker not on the right place .... mmmh ....
> I send the new ;-)
> &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
> &lt;project name="tla-test" basedir="../../../" default="get"
>   xmlns:tla="antlib:org.apache.ant.tla"&gt;
>
>   &lt;property name="repo-dir" value="tla-test"/&gt;
>   &lt;target name="get"&gt;
>     &lt;tla:registerarchive
>       repoURL="http://www.atai.org/archarchives/atai@atai.org--
> public/"
>     /&gt;
>     &lt;tla:get archive="atai@atai.org--public"
>                 revision="tla--atai-dists--1.3.4"
>                 dest="${repo-dir}" /&gt;
>   &lt;/target&gt;
>
>   &lt;target name="cleanup"&gt;
>     &lt;delete dir="${repo-dir}"/&gt;
>   &lt;/target&gt;
>
> &lt;/project&gt;

cheers I'll do some cut-n-paste to fix that up

> * slide "Antlibs - Making a tla" (test)
>   Nice shortcut to AntUnit ;-)

In English this is called a segue

> * slide "Antlibs - Antunit"
>   AFAIK AntUnit is no longer in the sandbox - it's in the antlib
> subproject
> * slide "Antlibs - A compatibility 'trick'"
>   - define tasks working with Ant prior 1.6 in the properties file
>   - define tasks which require Ant 1.6+ in the antlib.xml
> * slide "Finally..."
>   - the last word "antversion)" is (on my machine) on the footer line.
>

> cheers
> Jan
>

>> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

"In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I
fall out with the Abuse. The Thing! The Thing itself is the Abuse!" -
Edmund Burke