ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.7.0 beta1
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:00:24 GMT
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, Kev Jackson <> wrote:

> I will personally build 1.7.0beta1 or pre-release and post the
> distribution on for testing/evaluation by
> Friday next week (29th July).
> Do you agree with this plan

> Parallel to this, we should discuss other issues :
> Whether or not we want to create an Ant 1.7 branch in SVN and when -

I'd be in favor of defering the branch until we really want to start
doing stuff that is not for Ant 1.7.

> We also need to discuss which (if any) of the antlibs will be
> released at the same time as Ant 1.7.  I think that we should at
> least release the svn antlib (if we can get a clean gump build!) as
> it's one of the most requested features.

Steve asked for a tiny additional feature on antunit that I was
planning to implement soon; in the .NET Antlib I'd like to make
working with WiX a bit more pleasant, but we can skip that.  Nothing
to hold off beta releases.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message