ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheCon Asia : Antlibs presentation accepted - thoughts on content?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:29:03 GMT
Hi all,

I submitted a presentation proposal for ApacheCon Asia a couple of
weeks ago and I've just been accepted (which is nice...).

I was going to  cover the following in the presentation (based on an
article that is in the pipeline at ONJava):

- Why Antlibs:
   - easier for classpath lookups compared to taskdefs
   - standard way to distribute new optional components (1.7+)
   - decouples optional tasks from ant core

- Creating an antlib for Arch (bulk of the presentation)
... (lots of technical details and Eclipse nonsense)

- Testing antlibs with AntUnit (new antlib available from http://x.y.z)

- Refactoring an optional taskdef into an antlib (use VSS task as
example)

Any ideas on other stuff that really should be mentioned?  This will
be my first technical presentation of this magnitude and I really
don't want to miss out something bleeding obvious :).  Also any hints
about presentation technique to developers would be handy - I'm used
to teaching pre-schoolers, but developers are more rowdy...

Kev

--
"Man is truly free only among equally free men" - Michael Bakunin