ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open AntUnit Issues
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:17:58 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is an unsorted list of things I'd like to (see) address(ed)
> before we have a fisrt release of the library:
>
> * RessourceCollection instead of FileSet

+1

> * XML format listener

+1. Something compatible with junitreport would be nice, though I am not
over-fond of that XML structure (having the count of successes/failures
as attributes forces the caching of all results until the tests finish;
for the distributed junit stuff I've been doing I stream stuff out instead.

Actually, my distributed junit stuff has an XHTML listener that extends
the simpler xml one and which chucks out well formed XHTML, inserting a
CSS stylesheet from a resource at it goes. So I dont need a postprocess
to create (crude) HTML results.

> * ... which certainly requires a way to have listener write somewhere
>   other than ant's loggign system.
>
> * nested <propertyset> which would probably already be there if my
>   I didn't have to leave that early from the hackathon.
>
> Nothing of this is hard to do or would take too much effort.
>
> More assertions might be fine as well.
>
> Any other stuff?

1. dont run any target called "test" with no suffix. Because that is a
well known target name and makes it harder to mix antunit test cases
into the main build.

2. setup/pass down the standard ant properties that are set in an ant
run, e.g. java.class.path

If you check out the examples from JDwA on sourceforge (under the
project antbook), in sections/extending/ch17 and sections/extending/ch18
then you can see some tests that fail under antunit but which pass when
you run testXXX on the command line. I think these are due to
java.class.path setup

3. timeouts?

believed to be clean.