ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.7.0 beta1
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:06:44 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:
> After some off-list negotiations, Antoine and myself are agreeing to  be
> co-release managers of Ant 1.7.

+1. Congratulations!

> I will personally build 1.7.0beta1 or pre-release and post the
> distribution on people.apache.org/~kevj for testing/evaluation by
> Friday next week (29th July).
>
> This pre-release/beta will be based on svn trunk as it stands next  week -
>
> Antoine commits himself to building/releasing the next beta, and we
> will make a rota afterwards (maybe not systematically alternating),  but
> we'll work something out.
>
> The following issues need to be resolved until then :
>
>    - ManifestTest (I noticed that recent changes caused this to  fail,
> but I haven't had time recently to look into it or report it -  sorry my
> bad)
>    - svn antlib gump breaks (not sure if this is config issue as it
> used to work fine)
>    - Stuff still on the wiki [1]
>
> Do you agree with this plan
>
> [X ] Yes

+1

> [ ] No

> Parallel to this, we should discuss other issues :
>
> Whether or not we want to create an Ant 1.7 branch in SVN and when -
> Antoine has mentioned that although this is stated in the release
> instructions document, that some people were unhappy with branching
> immediately - so this needs to be figured out.

I like to branch at the moment we start making decisions as to which
changes to hold off until Ant1.8.

> We also need to discuss which (if any) of the antlibs will be  released
> at the same time as Ant 1.7.  I think that we should at  least release
> the svn antlib (if we can get a clean gump build!) as  it's one of the
> most requested features.

> Also I notice that the WHATSNEW is apparently incorrect, there is
> mention of a <libraries> task in it, but Steve suggested we point
> people to ivy and/or maven2, so this confusion over the libraries  task
> (in or out) needs to be cleaned up/removed from the WHATSNEW  document.

yes. And we should have fetch.xml included in the release and pull down
both the ivy and m2 tasks *and* verify their signatures

> Thanks
> (I'm quaking in my boots with responsibility now that I've committed  to
> do this :) )

Oh, we will all help. you just get the power of the veto.

> Kev
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Ant17/Planning

Remember, anyone is free to change this :)

I will try and get a couple of changes in this week,
-some tweaks to script support that I felt were missing (fail on
<scriptdef> on missing artifacts if an attribute says so)
-maybe a slight change in the resource class tree to make the UML prettier.

-steve