ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project test-ant-no-xerces (in module ant) failed
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:50:49 GMT
Gump Integration Build wrote:

oops, my fault.

> build:
>      [copy] Copying 2 files to /x1/gump/public/workspace/ant/build/classes
>
> compile-tests:
>     [javac] Compiling 56 source files to /x1/gump/public/workspace/ant/build/testcases
>     [javac] /x1/gump/public/workspace/ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/jdepend/JDependTest.java:92:
assertOutputContaining(java.lang.String) in org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.jdepend.JDependTest
cannot override assertOutputContaining(java.lang.String) in org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest;
attempting to assign weaker access privileges; was public
>     [javac]     protected void assertOutputContaining(String substring) {

fixed by deleting the method,

>     [javac]                    ^
>     [javac] /x1/gump/public/workspace/ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/types/selectors/ModifiedSelectorTest.java:924:
assertLogContaining(java.lang.String) in org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.ModifiedSelectorTest.BFT
cannot override assertLogContaining(java.lang.String) in org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest;
attempting to assign weaker access privileges; was public
>     [javac]         protected void assertLogContaining(String substring) {
>     [javac]                        ^
>     [javac] /x1/gump/public/workspace/ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/types/selectors/ModifiedSelectorTest.java:927:
assertOutputContaining(java.lang.String) in org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.ModifiedSelectorTest.BFT
cannot override assertOutputContaining(java.lang.String) in org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest;
attempting to assign weaker access privileges; was public
>     [javac]         protected void assertOutputContaining(String substring) {
>     [javac]                        ^

kevj got in first.

Kevin, I think we could delete all these (duplicate) operations, as they
do nothing useful above what the superclass does. Do you agree? Or do
you know more about java method binding than I do...

-steve