ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Harvey J \(Jerome\), INFOT" <hjtay...@att.com>
Subject RE: ASF Bugzilla Bug 11242
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:21:11 GMT
Matt

Sorry, I have no desire to wipe my feet all over you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:10 PM
To: Taylor, Harvey J (Jerome), INFOT; Ant Developers List
Subject: RE: ASF Bugzilla Bug 11242

--- "Taylor, Harvey J (Jerome), INFOT"
<hjtaylor@att.com> wrote:

> Mat

Please keep correspondence on a mailing list.  What
if, for example, I died?  Someone else from the
mailing list could still help you... also, by staying
on the list others may benefit.  Also, be aware that
Americans who go by the shortened form of "Matthew"
generally prefer that it be spelled "Matt", with two
"t"s, due to the fact that the single-t spelling
refers to something upon which people wipe their feet.
 Not a huge deal, but you can understand that this is
less than complimentary.

> Where do i go to get the latest version of ant. I
> downloaded a tar file from '/snapshots/ant' but i
> saw no reference to BN 11242. Thanks in advance.

After downloading the subversion snapshot, you should
extract it somewhere locally.  In the ant directory
created, you should run the build script (not an Ant
buildfile, read on) appropriate to your platform; i.e.
build.bat on Windows, build.sh on Unix-like systems
including cygwin.  Once you have built Ant from
source, you can use this directory as ANT_HOME, or
unset ANT_HOME and prepend ant/bin to your PATH.

HTH,
Matt