ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abusing the BuildListener
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:37:51 GMT
> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > I suspect this isn't what was intended for the build listener, but
> > I've been using it to override the build.xml for <junit> tasks. In
> > startTask I ensure that haltonerror and haltonfailure are set to
> > false. Next up I want to ensure there is always a <formatter
> > type="xml"/>, but adding a new task in seems a lot more painful than
> > simply modifying the existing objects.
> >
> > Here's a chunk of my code:
> >
> > UnknownElement proxy = new UnknownElement("formatter");
> > proxy.setNamespace("");
> > proxy.setQName("formatter");
> > proxy.setTaskName("formatter");
> > proxy.setTaskType("org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement");
> >
> > proxy.setProject(task.getProject());
> > proxy.setOwningTarget(task.getOwningTarget());
> > RuntimeConfigurable fc = new RuntimeConfigurable( proxy, "formatter");
> > fc.setAttribute("type", "xml");
> > rc.addChild(fc);   // rc is the RuntimeConfig for the junit task
> >
> > When I build with a listener that contains this, I get:
> >
> > Class org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement doesn't support the "type"
> > attribute.
>
> have you not thought of using <presetdef> to define a new junit with the
> right defaults?

Didn't know it existed :)

Reading the presetdef manual page, it sounds like it's not what I want
because it only sets defaults and not mandated values. I don't want to
allow the build.xml to change the settings.

My ant script calls other ant scripts, so would be worried that the
presetdef wouldn't survive down into the <ant> call. Of course I'm
assuming that I can get the listener into the <ant> call in some way
:)

Hen