ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: conditional attributes for arg and env elements
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 01:18:13 GMT
> IIRC DD was a supporter of "if/unless
> everywhere"; maybe he can summarize off the top of his
> head.  ATM I can't think why this would be A Bad Thing.

My own summary is that I don't really understand why some people are
so against if/unless in more places (like all top-level types ;-) Real
world experience has taught me it's indispensible. Maybe since I was
building a lot of platform-dependent code, I was in a special case,
but in practice we need conditionals in many places, and having to
just thru hoops to implements in A Bad Thing(tm) IMHO. --DD

PS: Then comes the questions of were to implement it. In the
types/nested-elements themselves, or at configure time to make the UE
appear/disappear based on if/unless