ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:45:28 GMT
But this doesn't work if a batch of files is not self contained, i.e.
depends on classes in the next batch. Using batching has the potential
to break a compilation that would otherwise work fine in one go.

It's always a little scary to hear of 20K+ files in a project. There
should be independent sub-projects, but that's a different story.

I would advise:
1) To use an attribute name similar to <apply>'s, which does batching.
2) Also provided test and document patches, to increase your patch's
chances to be accepted. Emphasis should be put in the doco that this
is a "dangerous" attribute.

--DD