ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: svn commit: r420305 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition: ConditionBase.java HasMethod.java
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:44:10 GMT

On 12 Jul 2006, at 03:51, Steve Loughran wrote:

> Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
>> Have you written some (not committed) testcases?
>
> Not yet. I've been really getting in to antunit in the book tho'.

I too had the antunit epiphany a couple of weeks ago when writing for
onjava - antunit makes writing a BuildFileTest look prehistoric, it's
*so* much sweeter working in xml (I never thought I'd say that!)

> How do I add antunit tests to ant's own build? We also need to
> update the task_writing_tutorial...

Yeah updating ant tests to antunit would be good (but also a
timesink).  I think we have to go through the docs before next
release and tidy stuff up, I noticed a couple of grammar issues I'd
like to clean out, but I'm sure there are more lurking.

Kev

--
"To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed,
legislated..." - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon