ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] change junitreport to delegate to XSLTTask
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:34:25 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>> 1) do you agree that I submit the patch containing in the bug report
>> 39708, rendering the XalanExecutor, Xalan1Executor, Xalan2Executor
>> classes useless and never called by our APIs.

+1

Martijn Kruithof wrote:
> Also can we be sure that project.createTask("xslt") always gives us an
> XSLTProcess?

It would be nice to have

XSLTProcess xsltTask = (XSLTProcess) project.create(XSLTProcess.class);

When in the future we drop 1.4 support, the cast could be removed:

public <T> T create(Class<T> type);

Presumably this could delegate to something poorly documented in the
bowels of ComponentHelper.

I guess it is also desirable to set an owner target. In the current
#39708 patch it looks like log messages and failures from
XSLTProcess.execute won't be clearly associated with the task the user
asked to invoke.

Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>> 2) if you answered yes to the first question, do you think that we should
>>
>> [a] leave the 3 classes XalanExecutor, Xalan1Executor, Xalan2Executor
>> unchanged
>>
>> [b] mark them as deprecated
>
>> [c] remove them physically, as they are not needed any more

[b] for Xalan2Executor but plan to delete in 1.8. Note that
XalanExecutor is package-private anyway. [b] or [c] for Xalan1Executor.

-J.

--
jesse.glick@sun.com  x22801  netbeans.org  ant.apache.org
       http://google.com/search?q=e%5E%28pi*i%29%2B1