ant-dev mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Häfelinger <whaefelin...@epo.org>
Subject how to call macros dynamically?
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:02:26 GMT
Hi,

I wonder how  to  implement a task (in Java) allowing me to execute
a macro. I tried to understand how it works looking into Ant's source
code, but I'm bit lost. Would be kind if someone could give me a
"roadmap" how to do it ..

What I'm looking for is something like ..

Assume I have a macro:

<macrodef name="x">
  <attribute name="a" default="hello" />
  ..
 </macrodef>

Then I want to be able to say

   <run-macro name="x" />

instead of

 <x/>

For the beginning I'm happy to call a macro without any parameters like
shown. Even better would be to be able to provide parameters as well:

 <run-macro name="x" a="hello, world" />    <!-- utopia -->

 <run-macro name="x">
   <param name="a" value="hello, world" />
 </run-macro>

Any hints?