ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <>
Subject OT - want to join other projects, any recommendations?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:00:37 GMT
Hi all,

This is totally off-topic, apart from in a meta-sense of Ant being an
open source project...

I'm finding that between work projects I still have loads of time to
experiment, but that I lack a focus and direction for these
experiments.  Usually this means that I stop coding and do something
else (write, have a coffee etc).  But I'd like to really pick up C
again (I'm so damn rusty with it), or move on to a completely
different language (Haskell, Erlang, Lisp, Python etc) whilst
contributing to an open source project so that my learning is always
focused on the immediate problem - fix bug x, implement feature y etc.

So my question is - which projects do you guys get involved in and why?

I tried helping out with asterisk (again to polish my C), but they
have a very strange dual-license model that I wasn't entirely
comfortable with and they refused to accept patches for bugs in their
issue tracker until I had signed a disclaimer/waiver - this seemed a
little over the top, so I just dropped out.

"All governments are in equal measure good and evil.  The best ideal
is anarchy." - Leo Tolstoy

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message