ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Structure of Ant (OO Design)
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 03:01:03 GMT

On 3 Jun 2006, at 13:16, Hayden Melton wrote:

> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~hayden/corpus.htm

<quote>

If you're too busy to read my research page, and want to use these
graphs to tell a "good" from "bad" structure: big red bars are bad.

</quote>

Love that!  Still not sure how to interpret the graphs, but at least
from that description, the less red on the graph the better :)

Is your analysis in any way similar to how PMD defines it's cyclic
complexity metric?  I always thought that PMD did a good job of
warning developers of potentially 'smelly' code.

How do you generate the data to build the graphs?  Do you have an ant
task to analyse the ant code?! :)

Good stuff to see anyway, shame I'm not smart enough (nor
conscientious enough to read your research page thoroughly) to
understand all of it apart from the overview you so eloquently
provided (quoted above)

Thanks for this
Kev

--
"I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a poison-
drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called - life" -