ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416182 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/Main.java
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:39:15 GMT

On 22 Jun 2006, at 07:07, stevel@apache.org wrote:

> Author: stevel
> Date: Wed Jun 21 17:07:27 2006
> New Revision: 416182

> Log:
> Little something to make it easier for things that subclass main to
> change its exit behaviour. Its been on my HDD for a while. If
> people object to it, I'll roll it back, as its not anything I'm
> actively using...

I can see this being useful in the case of relying on a third party
to produce the exit code and then passing it through.  Also it gives
you the opportunity to perform cleanup in the exit method before just
bombing out to System.exit

I have no problems as I can imagine a general usecase for this -
still like to hear what others think
Kev

--
"Government is begotten of aggression, by aggression" - Herbert Spencer