ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: ComponentHelper replacement
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 05:28:59 GMT
>> -split out libraries for execution, java exec, other misc things
>> -complete programmatic use of ant without problems
>
>I'm thinking along the lines of moving the ant codebase
>structure to something that reflects a project codebase per
>jar file where each project (a.k.a. ant-sub-project) would
>have its own build file, clearly identified dependencies,
>testcases, and resulting artifacts.
>
>Could this be a feasible post-1.7 objective?
>
>Cheers, Steve.

I think thats the way we (silently) go. Just have a look at the current
subprojects:
- antunit
- svn
- dotnet
Each produces one jar and has its own buildfile, dependency management
(gump run?)...

But bundling all fitting jars together while releasing would be a major
thing ...
Callisto2? Or should we use moons from another planet - Saturn?...

Jan