ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using multiple properties in the 'if' and 'unless' conditions
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:38:49 GMT

On 23 Jun 2006, at 16:24, Riedel Thomas ((KSFD 121)) wrote:

> r building, deploying and testing real large projects (>5 Mio LOC).
> So our scripts became more and more complex workflow scripts
> instead of simple Ant-scripts.
> I do strongly believe that the simple change of more complex
> (expression language like) if and unless statement would reduce the
> size and increase the readability of our scripts by far!

Don't macrodef/scriptdef and friends help out here?  I mean it's
possible to embed an entire scripting language (BeanShell etc) inside
an Ant build file, do these not provide enough flexibility for what
you need?

Kev
--
"In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I
fall out with the Abuse. The Thing! The Thing itself is the Abuse!" -