ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r410022 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant: taskdefs/condition/AntVersion.java taskdefs/optional/extension/DeweyDecimal.java util/DeweyDecimal.java
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 01:33:03 GMT

On 2 Jun 2006, at 04:34, Jesse Glick wrote:

> kevj@apache.org wrote:
>> - Refactor DeweyDecimal to util package, retain bc by keeping a
>> stub in the original location
>
> Suggestion: keep same API in old location (@deprecate'd) but for
> new location delete all of the is* methods and just make it
> implement Comparable/*<DeweyDecimal>*/. And the class should be final.

Why would this be more beneficial than just having a stub that
delegates any real work to the newly packaged version?  I'm not sure
what the benefit would be to have (almost) 2 copies of the same
code?  I can see that for documentation reasons, using @deprecated
would help

> BTW I think you forgot to set the new DeweyDecimal.java to be text
> in SVN. Checks out as CRNL on my Linux machine.

Damn!  Sorry was using a temporary machine (WindowsXP) and forgot to
set up svn:eol native - I'll try to fix today.

--
"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its
best state is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state an