ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7 release
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 04:35:47 GMT

On 2 Jun 2006, at 11:16, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>  Object signature alternative.  It is impossible to compile code
> on JDK 1.5 that uses the method and still works on JDK 1.4 - but the
> opposite is also true

This leaves us in a pickle unless we can guarantee that the every
line of code will both compile and run correctly on all JVMs released
since 1.2.  I'm not sure that we can guarantee to this level of surety.

Do you have any advice for building/testing a release to avoid a
'working' release for one jdk which breaks on a different jdk?  I was
seriously considering the release manager role for 1.7 until this
email :)

Kev

--
"In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I
fall out with the Abuse. The Thing! The Thing itself is the Abuse!" -