ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof ...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r414442 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs: AbstractJarSignerTask.java ExecTask.java Javac.java Javadoc.java TempFile.java Touch.java XSLTProcess.java
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:39:10 GMT

>>I appreciate Kev's efforts to remove the deprecations, but IMHO
>>resolveFile(String) shouldn't have been deprecated.
>>
>>Am I the only one to think that? --DD
>>

>I thought that Martin only added "since Ant 1.x.y" mentions next to already deprecated
function calls.

>I am enclined to follow your opinion.
>
>Regards,
>
>Antoine

In commit 396012 I only added the since 1.7 comment towards the already existing @deprecated.

Notwithstanding, I think I actually am guilty of marking that method as
deprecated in an earlier course of action, as all other proxy methods
towards FileUtils were already marked deprecated.

@deprecated methods can always (even when marked as deprecated in
earlier versions) been unmarked, that will not break backward
compatibiltity.

Still I think Project has become too much of a "God" class. It has
almost 100 public methods, more than 80 are not deprecated. I understand
it is convenient to have a proxy towards every utility in Project, still
I 'd say Project is having too much responsibilities and it is good to
remove the responsibility of a utility class from the Project class.

Martijn