ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7 release
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2006 20:08:17 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a look at http://wiki.apache.org/ant/Ant17/Planning
>
> We are still on the step "finding a release manager"
>
> Do we have any candidates ?

I'm tempted to do it but can't as I am three chapters out from finishing
the text of the book, then its all the other stuff with updating it.

not only would being the release manager add extra workload, it'd lead
to conflict of interest (i'd be against anything inconsistent with the
book text, see)

I should be able to pull some work time to help with functioanl testing
on odd platforms, as its interesting enough to qualify as a bit of
research. I have a vmware image of win98 that we could put java1.2 on,
and could set up on another vmware system (linux, probably), luntbuild
to do continuous integration on the release branch. This would be an
interesting exercise in the runup to release.

-steve