ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ExecutJava.setOutput remove?
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:38:43 GMT

On 20 Jun 2006, at 17:02, Steve Loughran wrote:

> Kev Jackson wrote:
>> Hi,
>> setOutput is both deprecated (since 1.4 allegedly) and contains
>> no  code (delegation/stub etc), would anyone object to removing
>> it?  I  realise that as a public method we are impacting bc if it
>> is removed,  but since it does nothing currently (according to svn/
>> cvs history, it  has been deprecated since 2003)...
>
> that's a tough one. I dont like pulling code. How about in v1.7 we
> print out a message @info level warning that it will be gone in the
> next version and you should stop using it.

The thing is it doesn't do anything, so people who are currently
using it and haven't noticed that their code isn't working, must be
particularly unobservant :).  At the moment it is the Java equivalent
of a noop, but I understand that removing it, could in theory break
someone's code.

Kev
--
"I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a poison-
drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called - life" -